Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Daybook - Sept. #3


Outside my window… a freshly mowed lawn, sunshine and a breeze, much cooler temps (yay!), the postal carrier (aka mailman) delivering mail.

I am thankful for… Hubby who takes care of so many things, medicine for allergies, good progress reports and testing results for the boys

I am wearing… old Levi jeans, and old VBS tshirt (I just got home from mowing at Dad’s – his place doesn’t look quite as abandoned now)

Some plans for the rest of the week… the usual – practices and more practices

I am hoping… last week I was hoping to get in a “groove” and I just knew it was going to be a normal week. Then Dad went in the hospital Monday night needing a transfusion. He’s back at the VA now. I did find more of a groove at school so now I’m hoping to get to all those things I haven’t quite made it to yet – like laminating and cutting it out.

On my mind… So much yuck going on around – for family, friends, and in the world. I want to be mindful to pray for others and keep my mind fixed on God, the source of my peace.

Hearing…. what I was hearing last week about this time – fan, windchimes, keys tapping while L. checks email. (He emailed family completely on his own this week asking for pledges for his school walk-a-thon)

I am praying that…… someone I know finds the stability and comfort that they really need.

From the kitchen... lunch: corndog nuggets, grapes & string cheese. One day this week we’re going to have Chinese Chicken Morsels & Rice – it’s already prepped and waiting to be unthawed and used. Since I’ve started working there haven’t been too many stellar meals. I have started freezing several breakfast tacos (flour tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon or sausage) and L. loves using them for breakfast or a snack. I love making them because I just use the leftovers from a weekend breakfast.

Around the house… laundry waiting to be done. We have several door knobs that need some TLC.

One of my favorite things… not having anywhere to be on a Sat. morning, napping, looking at magazines, family (I saw a cousin this week that I hadn’t seen in four years)

From my picture journal

L. did this in an art class

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.