Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daybook - July 16

Outside my window… water rationing, ozone alert, excessive heat warning

I am thankful for… an understanding Hubby

I am wearing… black sport shorts, grey Race for the Cure t-shirt

Some plans for the rest of the week… last week of football camp for M and VBS for L, haircut, a couple of lunches, lots of laundry and packing

I am hoping … that my body quits aching from yoga soon!


On my mind… things that need to be done to prepare for trips and school starting; also Aunt coming home and Hubby and the boys in Joplin

Hearing…. the birds were quite chattery a moment ago and I’m thankful for this sound – the air conditioner!

I am praying for… requests sent from a friend, my attitude and contentment in the waiting

From the kitchen….. T-tortellini salad, Th-ham and cream cheese wrapped asparagus & mashed potatoes, F- kabobs & grilled veggies, S-grilled chicken & whatever I decide to make with it!

Around the house… the closets are getting cleaned today! M already did his (maybe only because I took everything out that was not on a hanger or was trash and laid on his bed or the floor)


One of my favorite things…. the smell of lavender, playing cards with L, the smiles of both my boys

From my picture journal… This photo is of M and me with author, Todd Burpo. We went to hear him speak about Heaven is for Real a while back. Hubby and I read the book around Christmas, L. just finished it and M. is almost through.

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.