Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Thursday, June 30, 2011

JamWithMe Thursday - Keep Faith Fresh

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

What is one area you’d like a refill of encouragement? (e.g. work, parenting, marriage, friendship, ministry, faith, health, finances, or ___? )

I regularly read Dayspring’s blog (in)courage and sometimes check out the writer’s sites. I really like Faith Barista. On Thursdays she hosts “JamWithMe Thursdays” where she serves up the topic of faith and we write the post. This week I’m wanting to write a post each day (M-F) so I thought, why not? I’m discovering her prompts make you be transparent.

The area I would like a refill of encouragement is friendship. My husband is my best friend. My sister is my best girlfriend and I’m thankful to be in the same town. I have my FB and bloggy friends. I have friends at church and I’m thankful for the time we share. I get to see friends in Texas soon. What I want is a like-minded friend locally who I can connect with on a weekly basis.

Sometimes it’s hard to make those connections when a friend’s kids are different ages than yours or they have girls and you have boys or your schedules are different. Sometimes people are friendly, but they have that “one” friend and don’t need a deeper friendship than being friendly. I don’t want to make excuses and I’m open to an unlikely friend.

Lord, please stretch my faith and open my heart to encouragement in friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is a common theme among women it seems! I, too, pray for that one special local friend. In the meantime, taking comfort in Jesus statement, "No longer do I call you slaves, but I have called you friends..."
    Also, I love that verse in the Message; I have read and reread that verse so many times. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.