Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Daybook - June 4

Outside my window… wet sidewalks – I just watered the front flower bed. I can’t believe how dry it is at just the beginning of June! Every now and then a family goes by the window on the way to the pool.

I am thankful for… being almost finished with Dad’s house. Purge now I tell you, so your kids don’t have to do it when you’re gone!

I am wearing… jean shorts and red shirt with little white flowers.

Some plans for the rest of the week… Great Expectations conference T-F, Aunt and I are going to go through family pictures and walk at the conservation district on Monday.

I am hoping … to get my house together once my summer vacation really begins!

On my mind… my boys who are STILL in Albuquerque. Right now they are at “Cats”.

Hearing…. the air purifier, Hubby tapping on the keyboard, J. making doggie sounds. The air conditioner just kicked off.

I am praying for… all those I hear about from the Joplin and Oklahoma tornadoes.

From the kitchen….. Chef Salad last night, out for Italian tonight, there are dinners in the fridge waiting to be made for next three nights (tex-mex burger packets for the grill, stroganoff, and black bean and corn pizza)

Around the house… I have lots of things from Dad’s that need to be cleaned and either put away or integrated into our things. A little bit at a time!

One of my favorite things….going to classes at church on Wed. night, talking with Hubby, family history.

From my picture journal...This was from my 5th or 6th Christmas. My sister (Aunt) and I are in the middle and cousins are on each side. When cleaning this week we saw almost absolutely everything you see in the picture. Mom and Dad didn't throw anything away!



To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.