Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, September 3, 2011

On the Home Front - September 3

A peek through my window… S- 100, S – 85, M – 79, T – 82, W – 83 Amazing, isn’t it? Right outside my office window is my lonely rocking chair. I sit there each morning as the boys catch the school bus, but maybe with the forecasted nice weather I’ll use it and the swing on the back porch more!

What’s going on this week… Labor Day, checking out a Moms in Touch group, free Chick-fil-a, training to work in the concession stand @ soccer

What “the boys” are doing… tournament for L this weekend, but no football game for M. M. came home with books from the book fair yesterday. He made a 100 on his spelling test! I’m so happy because the preparation was painful. M. found new shoes after only an hour and trying on about 15 prs. (this was quicker than his brother).

On my mind… cleaning my glasses. They’re filthy! I know that’s some deep thinking, but that’s really what’s on my mind. That and crawling into bed early to read.

On my bedside table… no more dust! I cleaned it today. In addition to the books mentioned before there is also a silver “Pray for China” bracelet and my garita pin from Puerto Rico.

I am richly blessed… even though I complain about our hectic sports schedule, we have life so easy! My husband is employed, we have plenty to eat, we’re healthy and our children have great abilities and opportunities.

I’m praying for… a blogging friend and for God’s direction in ordering my days. I found this verse tonight too – It’s after Psalm 61:1 that starts out “Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer”. Psalm 62:2b “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I”. I thought it had beautiful imagery.

Our home… all the rugs got washed yesterday. Hubby can probably get used to me being around more often.

Menu planning… banana pudding for dessert! Dinner last night was zucchini pizza casserole. Sun – Italian Bow Ties, Labor Day – Burgers, Homemade Fries, Other days: French toast and bacon; BBQ boneless ribs; and Broccoli Chicken.

A photo or two…

This is M. with his solid gold plastic trophy he won in "Sports Trivia". It wasn't a kid competition either - he beat all the grown men there too! I was going to post a picture from the fantasy league draft today, but it had too much identifying info. in it. M. had all of his picks (each position 1-7 choice) on sticky notes in front of him. That was draft one - I'm in his second league and I actually took part in the live draft for it! It was fun - now let's see what kind of season I'll have...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.