Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, October 29, 2011

On the Home Front - October 29


A peek through my window… S – 66 , M –70 , T – 76 , W – 70. There was still frost on the ground this morning when I walked J. in the park. I’m glad I got outta there quickly because a disc golf tournament was going to start and I didn’t want to have do any more ducking (or waiting).

What’s going on this week… wrestling parent’s meeting and will be traveling about 2 ½ hours away for a soccer game.

What “the boys” are doing… L has played two of three games of a soccer tournament. May have more games tomorrow if they win again. M. has been having “post concussive” symptoms. I feel terrible that I didn’t realize it sooner! Today though he had no headaches!

On my mind… our local McDonald’s has been closed for several months – not remodeling- they completely tore it down and rebuilt. It reopened today and starting at midnight, Big Macs are going to be a dollar. I don’t like Big Macs, but I’m going with Hubby and the boys just to make it a family outing. I’m thinking I should be taking a nap instead of writing this!

On my bedside table… I have a new book (fiction this time) on my Kindle (er, Hubby’s Kindle). I’m not giving away the title yet – I’ll be reviewing it soon.

I am richly blessed… I found exactly the new pairs of pants I needed today!

I’m praying for… an online friend’s daughter, Grandy, and my Bible study leader’s sister

Our home… smells like bacon. Well, now it smells more like pumpkins spice since I lit a candle.

Menu planning… I still need to do this. I have thought ahead to Taco Tuesday (or Thursday) and Soup & Sandwich Sunday.

A photo or two…
Everyday life...dishes are about as everyday as you get! Am still using the Idaho Potato Commission recipe for potato salad and it turned out great! I made this for when our small group served dinner at a senior housing community. That was a fun evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.