Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, April 28, 2012

On the Home Front- April 28



A peek through my window…. The sky has become gray and the wind has picked up.  Our rain chances are mostly for the morning. 

What’s going on this week… I haven’t looked yet!  Finishing up an online project for me.  L.’s class goes to the middle school for three different functions next week.

What “the boys” are doing… camping with Scouts, mowing (each of them more than one yard), practices (soccer and band).

On my mind… I’ve either lacked motivation or been distracted and haven’t worked online as much as I could have.  I can’t change the past, but I can try to do better for the next month.

On my bedside table… my Kindle.  Hubby and I were playing Words with Friends before bed last night.  We’re evenly matched (both the boys are currently beating me right now).

I am richly blessed… by my small group.  Enjoyed an evening out with them last night.  Am always blessed to enjoy my front or back porch in the mornings – the flowers, my devotional book, and so far a nice cool breeze.

I’m praying for… God’s direction and timing for my family.  I am also praying for friends in a difficult situation.

Our home…  is in desperate need of cleaning.  I’m not sure how things from the week pile up so quickly.

Menu planning… Garlicky Brown Sugar Chicken, Goulash, Spaghetti.  I’m a bit frustrated with fitting dinner in around activities and eating in shifts.  This isn’t for dinner, but I need to make No Bake Cookies for the bake sale!

A photo or two…

L and Me at the Spelling Bee

Getting ready to go camping for the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.