Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, April 7, 2012

On the Home Front - the day before Easter and M's 13th birthday

A peek through my window…. It appears damp and cloudy.  We were gone all morning, but I think it rained a lot while we were away.

What’s going on this week… state testing for L and work for me every day because of testing.  I hope to find an evening to keep running.

What “the boys” are doing… I’m not even sure where M is! He’s out with his grandparents.  L played soccer this morning out of town and we didn’t get home until about 3:30.  I think he’s upstairs playing video games right now.

On my mind…  Wondering if I’m going to be able to stay awake long enough to finish working online, take a shower and cook dinner!  I still have birthday presents to wrap!

On my bedside table… lots of new books on my Kindle.  I love it!  I finally cleaned off the bedside table.  I’m looking forward to a little slow down in my schedule and actually spending a little time reading by this table and not just sleeping.

I am richly blessed… to have hope.  Even when I face darkness, life is worth living because of the resurrection of Christ!

I’m praying for… a friend going through a difficult time.  My heart is drawn to pray more for my family this next week.

Our home…  has huge Fed-ex boxes in the dining room from golf clubs shipped.  I hear M. was really good on the golf course yesterday!

Menu planning… I am going to be using those meals that I froze.  I figured testing week was a good week not to worry about meal prep!
A fairly typical early morning.  Hubby returning from a run and taking J. the dog out during his cool down.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Annette,
    I'm guessing that you are not getting my emails?? I'm going to try again, but wanted to let you know that I am replying to your comments.

    We are very excited to receive the movie! I've been a little 'under the weather' of sorts after a nasty fall. Trying to email you additional info on that :)

    Please let me know that you get my email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) I'm not sure if my comments are even working. I left one yesterday. I hope that all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.