Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Monday, December 6, 2010

Counting My Blessings

65. Fun - Our small group had an ugly sweater Christmas party last night and it was fun! I'm so blessed to have a group to enjoy during the Christmas season.

66. Cancellations - I was feeling a tad overwhelmed, but two big activities were cancelled (and one postponed)!

67. My sons are such hard workers - when we got home from the party all the laundry was folded (Aunt probably helped!) and M. is diligently working on Christmas presents right now.

68. Warmth - a heater at school (that I cranked up today!), a nice coat, a fireplace, an electric blanket. I'm so blessed to have a way to get warm whenever I need it.

70. God still speaks - our boys are sensitive to what He has to say and I just love when they share something they know He's shared.

5 comments:

  1. What a nice list of things to be thankful for.
    Never heard of an ugly sweater party, LOL. glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, what a wonderful list of things to be thankful for!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, I love the ugly sweater party! How fun. :-) Our youth group is having an ugly holiday sweater night too.

    I will post about our Snowflake Advent Tree tomorrow and our Jesse Tree (the devotional from Ann Voscamp @ www.aholyexperience) soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ugly sweater party sounds like fun! Isn't it funny how we can rejoice when activities are canceled?

    What a blessing that the boys are sensitive to the Lord's leading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a giggle out the ugly sweater party...never heard of that one before :)

    I actually feel relieved with some cancellations, too..at times. It is sometimes a weight lifted.

    Wonderful list of Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.