Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our Christmas Letter 2010

Dear Family, Friends, and those reading in the blog-o-sphere,

When I sent Christmas cards out this year, I included my blog address for friends to find our Christmas letter online. So, if you’re here because of that, thank you for actually doing it! If you’re here because you “follow” or just “found” me, feel free to keep reading our family update.

Those who know me will understand who I’m referring to – when I blog I don’t use real names. My husband is “Hubby”, sons are “M” and “L”, my sister is “Aunt”, the dog is “J” and I am just “I” or “me”. So without further adieu……

2010 was an enjoyable year. We traveled some, worked on the house some, worked at our jobs a lot, and enjoyed many happy moments together as a family.

Hubby continues his Director of Online Learning job and is always receiving kudos. He also started becoming more involved at church regularly giving announcements and offering support and leadership to all the Adult Bible Fellowship classes. At the end of October he spent some time in Virginia. He and his brother helped their grandmother get ready for winter and then they helped their cousin at his farm. It’s the original homestead their great-grandparents settled years ago.

M. is in 6th grade now. He’s in all honors classes. Also new this school year were tackle football and band. M. just mailed his music teacher from 1st – 4th grade a Christmas card/thank you note thanking her for teaching him to read music. M. is in first chair in band and recently made the highest score on a music test. In Feb. he received his “Arrow of Light” award and bridged to Boy Scouts.

L. is in 4th grade. He goes to a 5th grade class for math and loves all the independence and responsibility his school schedule brings. He played a season of soccer and is playing indoor soccer right now. I hope he continues because he’s really a great player, but his hope and love right now is to wrestle. We’ll see… At church, L. joined the Bible sword drill team. He practices on Sunday nights while Hubby and I are at small group (and of course almost every night at home!). Both boys said the best part of 2010 was “Going to Washington, D.C.”.

I had a big change this year. Jan. – May, I worked part time in the library at an elementary school. Early August, I found out that my position had been eliminated. As I was making plans to substitute some and mainly relax the whole school year, a 2nd grade position opened, I interviewed and got the job! Many of you already know this. It’s the same school I was at last year and the same school where my sister and cousin teach. It was just before Thanksgiving when I got settled into a routine and finally feel comfortable with what I’m doing. I’m not going in super early, staying late and working most of the evening at home. Whew! I didn’t ever think that time would come – it was such a steep learning curve at first. All so totally worth it – I love my class and I love teaching!

Please click on all the highlighted areas to see posts from my blog over the year. I blogged Dec. 09 - July 10 at “Butterfly Wings” and in July started “Our Ordinary Life”. Check back regularly too, I try to blog at least twice a week or more to post pictures when we do something noteworthy.

We're looking forward to celebrating Christmas in Albuquerque soon. We hope this season brings you wonderful memories and meaning as you celebrate Christ’s birth.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice letter summing up your year. I'm so glad you are settling back in to teaching and finding balance between work and home. My girls still talk about your family and Aunt. We'll keep you in our prayers for safe travel this month!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.