Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Monday, August 29, 2011

Multitudes - August 29

I have permission to share from one of my son’s thankful journal:
9 Ripstik
b. rolling, riding, and getting exercise with it
10 Grass (although allergic) smooth texture to lay in
18 Popsicles
20 My devotion book on Abraham
26 A swimming pool
30 Seeing friends in Texas
31. Watching cousin play hockey
36 Humor and laughter
38 Eating Taco Bueno and Charlie’s Chicken with Dad
40 Heaven is for real
44 Air conditioner
47 The Bible
51 Rain
59 Running with Dad
64 Mom giving me a coupon for my hair highlights
66 A cruise we could go on together as a family

I’m so thankful he let me share and I’m so thankful he’s keeping this journal. We shared our 1000 gifts together last night and chatted about them. My son is so funny too. When I asked him what number he was on, he told me 1000 something. I’m sure it was to get my response of “What? How’d you get that high so quickly?!”

Mine continue here:
604 Lawn mowed. Dog walked.
605 Day at home
606 Dinner in the crockpot
607 High heels that I don’t have to wear very often
608 An interview
609 Kind words and thoughts
610 Familiar faces
611 Hubby’s help
612 Hubby’s prayers
613 Solutions
614 Dinner with family
615 Prayer service
616 Adult youth leaders/role models
617 Things work out
618 A free manicure
619 Phone calls
620 Beautiful morning
621 Beautiful dog
622 Seeing Pastor P. and wife in the park
623 Weekends
624 Space to play
625 Walking with a new friend
626 Kindnesses
627 My small group
628 Time at small group
629 Finally getting my book downloaded
630 Someone to share thankful journals with
631 Permission to share
632 Seeing the Mom of a friend from youth
633 Grass being mowed
634 Llamas in the field by the park

1 comment:

  1. My son making a "thankful" list too. What a joy to see our children embracing those values we try so hard to instill and walk in ourselves. PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.