Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, August 27, 2011

On the Home Front - August 27

A peek through my window… S – 95 S – 91 M – 89 T – 92 W – 93 The rest of the forecast through the first week of September looks the same way. That’s a ways out so I’m not holding my breath! It would be a welcome relief though. (However another site says 99, 99, 96, 95, 100 which is a far cry from the other!)

What’s going on this week… I’m wearing pink on Tuesday in honor of a local hero who died from cystic fibrosis a few years ago. This week is open house for 7th grade and the end of the week will be a Labor Day soccer tournament.

What “the boys” are doing…L. scored a goal at the scrimmage last night! Today he’ll go to his volunteer job (one hour) at the pet store to walk/play with dogs and maybe do some fish feeding or cleaning. I’m so proud of him for doing such a great job of this! This morning it was so cool out that M. and I sat in the porch swing studying for his spelling test. M. is a great student and doing a good job of keeping up with classes, band and football too.

On my mind… salsa. I talked to a friend today and we are going to get together after Labor Day to make it.

On my bedside table… Wild Things, The Art of Nurturing Boys. Still. There’s other books there too: Grace for the Moment devotional by Lucado and Power Prayers for Women. There’s also my alarm clock, photo of Hubby, hair clip and pictures from Colorado.

I am richly blessed… Hubby has been so wonderful to me. He’s so understanding and goes out of his way to talk with and encourage me.

I’m praying for… for an old friend from high school I know is hurting. Wed. night I went to the youth prayer service and will be mindful to keep praying for the youth leadership and kids at our church..

Our home… Have quite a few things that need to find their way to the attic. The problem is there is no more room until we do some cleaning and rearranging. Can’t do that until the temps are much cooler.

Menu planning… After I buy celery and onions I’ll make chicken salad to eat for lunches or when we don’t quite make dinner. Sports schedules have made it extremely difficult to catch bites to eat. I do have meatloaf muffins in the freezer and plans for chicken on the grill and Italian bow tie pasta. L. also has sausage, egg & cheese tacos in the freezer for breakfasts.

A photo or two… <



1 comment:

  1. Chicken salad sounds delicious! I am out of town visiting with family and YIKES!...the temperatures are soaring at 112 degrees. UGH! I will not complain about my 89 degrees anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.