Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Completed, But Not Finished

It's not Monday (I know this isn't surprising because often I post late...), but I have completed my list of 1,000 gifts.  Completed, but not finished.  I started October 2010 - here and completed the written list in a bubble bath last night.  Not finished, because I'll keep listing (I haven't decided if I'll keep posting, but my purple journal has lots more pages left in it!)

It has been a "trying" year.  I keep sitting down to write my Christmas letter, but I don't want it to sound negative.... Anyway - this whole year, it's this list that has helped me keep perspective and choose contentment and joy regardless of circumstances.  Here are #s 970 -1000

970 Excitement of a mission project


971 The whistle of the kettle

972 Visits with two friends

973 Hubby loves me!

974 Surprise flowers

975 A book from a friend

976 Christmas music from friend

977 Making cookies together

978 Time

979 Hubby came home early to help

980 Sweet children

981 A heartfelt note

982 God’s ways are higher than mine

983 Posts to remind me

984 I can hold a lot together even when I don’t want to!

985 Soccer practice time to read

986 A finished science project

987 Fun activities at school and L telling me about them

988 Every meaning behind every ornament

989 Lights on the tree

990 Asleep in front of the fire

991 Understanding friends

992 Cheap bubblebath

993 Almost 1,000 thank yous

994 The way it has changed me

995 Hope

996 A Christmas card from Dad

997 L

998 M

999 Hubby

1000 My Savior and Lord

3 comments:

  1. It has been a good practice, hasn't it? Have loved giving thanks along with you. Been thinking about you and praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your list!!!! A beautiful list reflecting a genuine heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you can't quit posting your list of things you are thankful for! :) I LOVE reading them. And, they are encouraging to me and remind me of some of the things in my life I need to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.