Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hot Now (or I Love Free)

I must confess, I absolutely love free things.  After doctors appts., shopping, and dinner tonight, Hubby, the boys and I went by Krispy Kreme.  We were slightly disappointed to see that on Nov. 1 they stopped offering free donuts when the light was on.  I understand the cost thing and I was only disappointed that I didn't get my chocolate milk.  See, whenever they gave me a free donut, I always felt obligated to buy milk.  Now, that I paid the 89 cents, I just got water.


Anyway, the donut was still good.  I still enjoyed being with my family.  M and I headed home while Hubby and L stayed in the city for soccer practice.  On the way home we saw the donut billboard for Quick Trip - they're only 79 cents there.  M informed me that the QT donuts are bigger and they taste just the same.  Uh, no - they do not taste just the same.

Before going home, I stopped at Walgreen's to get my FREE photos (25 free through Dec. 31).  Did I mention that I love free things?  I actually got two copies of each photo I ordered because someone made a mistake.  I love it when they pass the extra photos on to me instead of trashing them. 

Speaking of free, I'm also loving this website that Aunt help me discover.  Whenever there is a free kindle book I download it.  There are so many that I even get to be choosy and really, I already have about 10 free books there that I haven't read yet.  If you check out the site and want a book, get it right away.  I've gotten a book free and looked again a few days later and it's 9.99 or 12.99.  I love free so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.