Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, December 3, 2011

On the Home Front - December 3

A peek through my window… I expected it to be raining when I woke up, but was pleasantly surprised to see some sun and have pretty mild temps. I got about a 40 min. walk in. By the time I got in the shower around 11 though it had started raining and rained most of the day. Aunt heard that our forecast is for 2 – 20” of snow! I’ve never heard a forecast like that! Someone is covering all the bases I guess. The temp still looks pretty warm for much of a storm. S – 44 M – 35 T – 38 W – 39.

What’s going on this week… Ladies Christmas party at church and baking for a small party at our house next Sunday. I’m looking forward to both.

What “the boys” are doing… Watching bedlam. The OSU/OU game is on – most everyone when we were out today had either orange or red on.

On my mind… Subbing the next two weeks – have lots of names to remember. I’m thinking about that and about M. He is still having headaches even though he got medicine from the neurologist.

On my bedside table… Forgotten God by Frances Chan. I was so happy to see it in the box we brought home from Albuquerque.

I am richly blessed… I’m thinking about writing this year’s Christmas letter and I know that it has been a particularly hard year. However, I am getting close to reaching 1000 on my list of 1000 Gifts. Every time I read back over the list I know that even in hard times God has lavished us with His grace and His beauty can be found in so many seemingly small things. If you have not taken the challenge to record 1000 gifts, I highly recommend it – I have complained less and been more content since starting the regular practice.

I’m praying for… M and for a friend’s kids who have been sick a lot. One has something potentially serious going on. Her health and peace for the family have been in my prayers a lot today.

Our home… is decorated for Christmas. There are some things I didn’t get out – like Christmas dishes and some things that didn’t work – like the lights on the mantle garland, but that’s okay. I still love each and every special ornament on the tree (that’s really the only deco. I need. Everything else is bonus and I have my Nativity sets out all year).

Menu planning… Roast for dinner after church tomorrow. I grocery shopped two nights ago and got the ingredients for taco soup. The forecast makes me think this will be a perfect week for it.

A photo or two…

Hubby (on the left) and a dear friend - We attended his wedding

while in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.