Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, January 21, 2012

On the Home Front - January 21

A peek through my window…. We’ve finally had some winter chill. It’s sunny today and not overcast though. It looks beautiful and tomorrow holds promise of being in the 60s. If you peak out my window and slightly over you can see the front door and would know I finally took down the wreath and put away the “Merry Christmas” mat!

What’s going on this week… Our church in action meeting is tomorrow night and I’m really looking forward to that. I feel very blessed to be a part of our church. On Friday, Hubby and I are meeting acquaintances from our college days for dinner.

What “the boys” are doing… L is using his Kindle while waiting for Dad to help him finish some chores, M is at a neighbor’s house (yay!). We just finished our final Pinewood Derby this morning. Sigh… L has practice this week and a scrimmage Sat. and M. needs to get busy on his poetry project! Almost forgot – we’re all going to a college basketball game tonight!

On my mind… Thursday was the one year anniversary of finding out Dad’s cancer diagnosis and it was much harder than I anticipated. Feb. 1 is one year since his passing.

On my bedside table… I read “A Texan’s Promise” while away and finished “The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow” (I must admit I skimmed a lot of it – never got into it). Last night I finished “Hearth at Candlewood”. This is probably a record of fiction reads for me.

I am richly blessed… Am enjoying using Ann Voskamp’s Joy Dare to add to my list of 1000 gifts. Hubby and I were blessed to spend the weekend away together last weekend and to visit “boys” (who are grown men in their 30s with their own families!) from Hubby’s first youth group. I delight is seeing God’s grace in their lives!

I’m praying for… mentioned “boys” and their ministries. I’ve spent time praying for Hubby and the boys quite a bit this week. I do miss my prayer walks with J the dog so I am looking forward to spring!

Our home… In case you’re wondering I did get the Christmas decorations down before our trip last weekend (although they are still waiting to go into the attic!) I’ll be so glad to finally reclaim our house! We’ve enjoyed time in front of the fireplace as a family a lot lately and I’ve absolutely loved it!

Menu planning… Sammy’s Dish (Broccoli Chicken Bake) – One of Hubby’s favs that I started making as newlyweds. I don’t make it often now which make the boys glad because L doesn’t like the broccoli and M doesn’t like the onion rings! Tator tot casserole tonight, cube steak and bumble bee (shells) macaroni for lunch tomorrow and pizza tomorrow night.

A photo or two…
Very thankful to have taken these pictures a year ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.