Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, May 13, 2012

On the Home Front - May 13


A peek through my window…. It’s dark J Our front flower bed is just beautiful!  I’m so pleased with how nicely it’s come together in two years.  The purple flowers I got at the azalea festival are wonderful.  I wish they weren’t annuals.  Maybe we won’t have a bad winter again and they’ll come back.  Maybe…….

What’s going on this week… subbing one day, band concert, we get to go to Joplin Friday night (yay for a housesitter!).  I think running partner and I are going to fit in 3 days this week.  Yikes!  We need to move to the next “week” on our plan and I’m just not ready!

What “the boys” are doing… while M is out for the whole evening with NJHS/Relay, L is excited to stay at Relay to 10 with Aunt.  L’s semifinal soccer game is tomorrow morning.  He has two big days at school this week with Big Bash AND Track n Field.  M has semester tests (no fun days).

On my mind… how yucky allergy/sinus problems can make you feel.  I’m also pondering a conversation that I had with a friend this evening.  Well I’m also pondering one I had with Hubby too.  I am grateful for opportunities and trust God’s leading and timing.

On my bedside table… my open Bible.

I am richly blessed… to live in the community we do.  A great school for the boys – L with his 5th grade Fun Day and M with his NJHS day of service yesterday and Relay for Life tonight.  Hubby and I enjoyed spending a few hours at Relay – richly blessed to walk part of Aunt’s survivor lap with her (5 years!)

I’m praying for… Hubby and his work.  I’m needing a good long prayer walk!

Our home…  has mounds of laundry waiting for me.  I’ve either been working or distracted and now I don’t feel well!

Menu planning… Lots of chicken dishes because that’s what’s frozen in the theatre!  I’m hoping to get more gas for the grill so we can cook out for Mother’s Day.

A photo or two…
Sunset Saturday Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.