Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On the Homefront - May 29


A peek through my window…. The water company and a backhoe are out there!  I’m glad they aren’t here for me, but really?  Now I feel a more obligated to keep a more diligent eye on the son who will mow the front yard.

What’s going on this week… Well, we’re already part way through it!  Today – finish packing, run an errand, and go to the library and tomorrow get on a plane!

What “the boys” are doing… mowing.  L is plotting to buy a backpack from M. that he wants to use for Scouts (probably not the best purchase).  I wonder what the purchase price is because M. is paying L to mow the front yard!  Craziness.

On my mind… using my new Dayspring bag as my carry-on!  It’s so big, I’m afraid that all that will fit inside will be heavier than I want to carry.

On my bedside table… I have several books that I’ve started and not finished:  Big Miracle, What Your Childhood Memories Say About You, and The Five Love Languages of Teenagers. On our getaway though, I am going to read something completely fun and mindless!

I am richly blessed… to have enjoyed two Memorial Day invitations with friends.  One was my running partner and Scout friends and one was friends from Small Group.

I’m praying for… family members and for the upcoming school year.

Our home…  has lots and lots of suitcases.  I do need to at least vacuum it so it’s somewhat decent and has less dog hair for our housesitter, Aunt.

Menu planning… I’m having a strawberry/blueberry smoothie right now and I must say, it’s quite tasty even without the banana! Sandwiches tonight and then I think I’ll let others take care of the planning for a while!

A photo or two…

These are the enchiladas mentioned last week.  I accidentally grabbed paprika instead of chili powder when I was making the sauce!  I spooned a lot of it out and didn't notice it at all in the finished product.

Year two of the butterfly bush.  We had one right outside our front door when we lived in Albuquerque and I love them!

Aunt is five years cancer free!  We took her to lunch to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.