Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Friday, August 13, 2010

Daybook


Outside my window… darkness
I am thankful for… 15 years married to a thoughtful, caring husband
I am wearing…brown shorts, green/brown striped shirt
Some plans for the rest of the week… next week – more practices, carpet install, the first day of school, subbing
I am currently reading… Hot Chocolate for Couples
I am hoping… we have some down time in our very full fall
On my mind… Scouts, wondering why L isn’t as interested right now. Knowing what a wonderful program it is and how hubby wants him to go through Arrow of Light, but not wanting to put forth the effort myself. Reflecting on the things that interest M&L right now – some of the same things that have always interested them. See Pondering these words…

Hearing…. Monopoly being played, hubby grading papers
Pondering these words... “Way” refers to a unique capacity or characteristic, whether of an eagle, a serpent, a ship, or a person. If you raise your child “in the way he should go” you attune yourself to your child’s inherent characteristics and inborn distinctives.” – from Max Lucado in Cure for the Common Life.

I am praying that……. M & L has a wonderful first day of school, a spectacular year of learning and friends

From the kitchen… roast beast, veggies that are still cooking since I forgot to turn the crockpot on – thank goodness there were some in the other one.
Around the house… many, many things that will have to be moved off the carpet by Tuesday
One of my favorite things… museums (I know - I used that last time, but it's been a banner few months), history
From my picture journal

Hubby fixing the busted radiator. Thank you hubby for the thousands and thousands of dollars you have saved us in car repairs, installing tile, painting, landscaping, and countless other home improvement projects. You are my knight in shining armor (which looks a lot like a grease covered work shirt here)

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - we got M calling it "roast beast" too. :-) Hope the boys have a great first day of school this week. Enjoy that new carpet and your day of subbing, and hope to catch up with you later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.