Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Monday, August 9, 2010

Daybook


Outside my window… my rocking chair wishing it would stop being so hot so we would sit there at night!

I am thankful for… our van making it home from our weekend trip and that the radiator waited to bust until we pulled in the driveway (at least that's when we knew about it!) I'm so grateful for how God takes care of us and that we weren't stranded on the side of the Interstate in 100 degree + heat.

I am wearing… still jammies

Some plans for the rest of the week… football scrimmage, getting a new school schedule, meetings for Dad, and our 15th anniversary!

I am currently reading… still the same

I am hoping… to get lots of errands done this morning

Hearing…. click of the clock that needs to be hung, birds chirping

I am praying that……. we have some calm in the chaos (check this out from Karen Ehman) and settle into a good fall routine, knowing what to say "no" to

From the kitchen… Chick fil a is sounding wonderful!

Around the house… it amazes me how quickly a clean picked up house can be in disarray!

One of my favorite things… spending time with family, museums, Cowboys football

From my picture journal

Picture from our weekend trip.


To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.