Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Counting My Blessings - Day 29

57. Thanksgiving with my Small Group - last week Tamara asked us to post our Thanksgiving traditions. Honestly, ours vary from year to year. It really depends where we end up at Thanksgiving. A couple Thanksgivings ago, just the four of us went to Sea World on Thanksgiving Day and it was fantastic! This year we're having Thanksgiving dinner at the VA Center with Dad (and I'm thankful not to be cooking or cleaning up!)

Every Sunday night when our small group meets we eat dinner first and each time is themed. Someone else organizing this is a huge blessing to me. Tonight's dinner was Thanksgiving.

This group is a huge blessing to me! I really love spending time with this group. I love having others to share the Christian walk with and I enjoy sharing life with these people who have become my friends. I look forward to getting to know everyone better in the new year.

I did tell our group they were going to be on my blog, but I'll keep the names to protect the innocent. Except, Hubby, he's the one in the Alaska shirt.

This post is part of Branch of Wisdom's Month of Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Annette...such good food and fellowship! Sweet blessings for your week ahead! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.