Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Silver Dollar City - Christmas Edition

Last Christmas we used some family Christmas money and purchased season tickets to Silver Dollar City. We had full intentions of going more, but we made it there twice as a family (I went once with Aunt also). Our Christmas trip was well worth the tickets.

The Christmas celebration was what actually led to getting the season tickets. I had wanted to go last year, but an early snow storm axed those plans. It was really neat though to enjoy this season as SDC celebrated their 50th anniversary.

After a few pictures yesterday, first on the list was having my 50th anniversary jar repoured with a Christmas scented candle. (When I picked it up today, I found out I was the only person this year to bring back one of the special edition jars to be repoured. They gave me four free Christmas votives too.)

Yesterday and today we enjoyed several shows, rides, shopping, and lights (especially the parade and musical tree). M. enjoyed kettle corn, most of the funnel cake L. couldn't eat because he felt sick, dinner (harvest skillet of ham and vegetables), a caramel apple, and hot chocolate with a giant cookie! (I think the food is M's fav part of SDC!) I did get the Christmas photos I want to use for cards, but, I won't show those here. L. participated in a song with the Homestead singers - he squawked like a chicken on cue during many parts of the song. It was his second time participating in something at SDC!

On the set of the Living Nativity

L. is the only child on this side of the Giant Barn Swing. Hubby is on his left. (seat 4 & 3). Rest assured, you won't catch M or me here!

Kettle corn. Mmmmm....

A family snapshot before the Fa La La Follies

I loved the gingerbread behind this train!

On the way home we decided that waiting an hour and a half to eat dinner at our first choice (Lamberts) wasn't ideal, so we treated the boys to their first experience at a Brazilian restaurant. Now they can't decide if this, Mongolian, or fondue is their favorite. L's eyes lit up every time they brought out a new meat and he was happy to have some foods I never make - like fish, sushi, shrimp and lamb. M was excited to watch football and have all the steak he could eat.

It was a wonderful weekend - wonderful to spend time together as a family and wonderful to start our Christmas season with the true meaning at the Living Nativity.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with M on all of this. I would have skipped that ride too, I would have watched football at the restaurant, and I would have skipped lamb and sushi to have more steak! It all sounds like fun. I would have LOVED that live nativity!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.