Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daybook - Thanksgiving Weekend


Outside my window…darkness. The dead flowers are gone now thanks to hubby, the grass is brown, it’s definitely feeling more late fall/early winter now.

I am thankful for… God and His character more than His blessings. Sermon today (from Jonah) made me think about this.

I am wearing… black corduroy pants and purple sweater (a rarity that I have something decent on – usually when I write this I’m in sweats).

Some plans for the rest of the week… put up and trim the tree, basketball practice starts, make some Christmas plans, take J. the dog for a trial run at the kennel.

I am hoping… to get our December calendar set soon and to be able to enjoy the moments of the season instead of just going from one activity to the next.

On my mind… what to give as Christmas presents…

Hearing…. the air purifier and Hubby working on the computer behind me, every now and then I can hear a thud coming from the boys upstairs.

I am praying that…… (still) we figure out our car situation to ABQ for Christmas and that we have good travel weather.

From the kitchen….. Brazilian out last night; roast, rice and broccoli tonight and stew tomorrow (if I get things together, I haven’t been very together myself on Mondays lately)

Around the house… a partially decorated mantle, new candles, boxes of Christmas decorations waiting to be used.

One of my favorite things… going to Silver Dollar City with my family

From my picture journal…

I think my eyes are closed in this picture. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.
To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the message yesterday from Jonah too. Had me pondering God's character and goodness all day as well. I missed seeing you yesterday, I saw your boys and sister, but never saw you. Hope your day is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you in a picture, too! My outdoors looks like winter already with snow on the ground...brrr!

    Thanks for sharing!~Tamara
    ....and I did make a bloggy change and hope you will now visit me there.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.