Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, February 12, 2012

12 on the 12th

When I was going through my reader I saw a friend post 10 on the 10th (she actually posted on the 11th though - I love it!  I usually posted Multitudes on Mondays Wednesday or Wordless Wednesday Thursday.)  I follwed a link from http://www.thebettermom.com/2012/02/be-thou-my-vision-a-personal-prayer/  to http://thisgalsjourney.wordpress.com/ and totally stole her list of 11 random things.  It's actually the 12th so I included my own 12th at the end.

1. Favorite Book

Currently it is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Growing up, I loved (and still do) Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright. It is a beautiful story of forgiveness set in the Ozark Mts.

2. Would you make a good celebrity? Why or why not?

Absolutely Not. The glitz and fakeness of it all would irritate me.

3. One thing on your To Do list

I’d really like to get my desk cleaned off! (My husband would too since we share an office at home!)

4. The last time you treated yourself to something special

I think since my children are older now that it’s much easier to treat myself…Saturday morning I ate lunch by myself at Chick Fil A and sat there an hour and worked on my Bible Study.

5. What is your perfect meal?

One shared with my family.

6. One thing you should do more often

Laugh

7. Most underrated band

If they are underrated, it’s probably because of me – I’m not much into bands (or any of the reality contest music/dance shows on TV).

8. Your plans for Valentine’s Day

Soccer practice. Hubby and I took a trip last month.

9. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Time and money are not a factor.

Hubby and I would love to take our boys to Israel. He and I went there together over a dozen years ago. I think once you go, your heart always longs to go back.

10. A good prank you pulled or that someone did to you

I detest pranks. (Do not take that as an invitation to pull one on me).

11. Rain or snow?

Rain, but I do hope we have a snow day tomorrow!

12.  What I had for dinner last night.

A very eclectic meal - leftover rice soup, bbq chicken on toast, lime tortilla chips and guacamole.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.