Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Friday, February 17, 2012

Flashback Friday - February 17

Flashback to this yard.  This eh, pile of rocks.  I mentioned last week that our yards in Sedona were perfect for toy backhoes and dumptrucks and they were.  I hardly ever left M (or the dog for that matter) alone in the yard more than five minutes because of coyotes.  You can see just beyond the back gate.  It opened to a small ravine and then directly beyond that was an over 55 community.  I was told there were coyotes in the back sometimes.  Although we heard them at night some and I would see them in town, I never saw them around the townhouse.  I was paranoid though if I didn't always have an eye on M or the dog that they'd get carried away.


Having rocks for the yard was perfect for this time in our life and not so perfect too.  Since M was constantly digging in them and this was the dog's "litter box" we were constantly hosing them down with water and cleaner.


I miss little kid clothes - I don't think we had to buy the boys clothes hardly at all though while we were in Sedona.  We were blessed with a friend at church who had boys slightly older than ours.  We often had an overabundance and kept some and passed the others along.  In this picture you can see our infamous duck boots.  They came from the mentioned family, M wore them everywhere - even when they were too small.  Eventually L. wore them (even when they were way too big).  We passed them on when L. outgrew them and now I can't even remember to who!


Anyway, one of my favorite memories of my parents visiting was in this yard.  The ladies I worked with at the Christian school (I did after school care) hosted a baby shower for L. and instead of individual gifts they bought an outdoor swing for the backyard.  Mom and Dad came to visit us in Sedona when L. was about a month old.  In the mornings they would sit in the swing.  I woke up early one morning and saw them drinking coffee and talking out there so they wouldn't wake us.  I remember being so happy that they were enjoying the swing/yard.  Thinking back, I think I was so happy knowing they were in my yard and not 18 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.