Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, February 11, 2012

On The Homefront - February 11

A peek through my window…. The sky is blue and it’s sunny, but it’s misleading. I can see that it is quite breezy and I’m sure the windchill isn’t above freezing.

What’s going on this week… Valentine’s Day, my sub position ends and my new tutor position starts, I leave Friday morning for a conference and to visit family.

What “the boys” are doing… L is on his bed reading Courageous. We can officially call him “headache free” now and start counting our week in order for him to start having contact in soccer. His scrimmage was cancelled today because of temperature/wind chill and we will be away for two scrimmages next weekend. I bet he (and his coach) are itching to be back! M. is out with Hubby. His first NJHS meeting is this week.

On my mind… local attempted abduction yesterday morning and an Amber alert last night (unrelated). The safety of my children (and all children) is always on my mind. Also, since Bible study Wed. night, not showing favoritism (James 1) has been on my mind.

On my bedside tableJesus Calling.

I am richly blessed… to have another part-time job to go into and to have a six-week work at home opportunity.

I’m praying for… mission team that is away right now.

Our home… Hubby and M moved lots of dirt filling in holes and getting flower beds ready for spring. Hubby has plans for a backyard fountain (hopefully we’ll get the front one fixed) and has ordered new bulbs.

Menu planning… Leftovers and asparagus tonight for dinner. I bought more asparagus to have another night this week – I was so excited to find it good in the store. I won’t buy it if it’s too expensive or yucky. I only plan out meals a couple weeks at a time and it’s about time to do it again…

A photo or two… From Hubby's phone again. We absolutely have to get a new camera before summer vacation this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.