Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Counting Our Blessings 1.11.11

This is part of Counting Our Blessings hosted by Tamara at A Homemaker's Heart. Check out her blog and consider joining in every Tuesday!


This is my first Tuesday back since Christmas. Wow, are we abundantly blessed every day and even more so throughout the Christmas season or what?!!

83. God's grace is immeasurable and He pours it out on us every day.

84. The ability to walk. I'm wearing a pedometer now and I'm amazed at how many steps I can get in on a regular basis (though it's not an excuse not to exercise - just a little encouragement along the way!)

85. A wonderful supervisor. Last week when Dad was in the hospital she let me leave right after my children left instead of waiting for 30 more minutes until the end of our day.

86. A fireplace.

87. The Christmas decorations did jump back in all those totes sitting around the house! The blessing is Hubby - his willingness to serve and his dedication to keeping our household going.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anette,
    I bought me a pedometer too, but still haven't figured it out how to use, I guess I should say, how to set it out first before using it. I really to sit with more time and carefully read this instructions, lol. time has been short here lately.
    What a blessing having a thoughtful supervisor.
    Have a wonderful blessed week,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your blessings! I'm so glad that you got to leave work early to see your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.