Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Daybook - January Week 2

Outside my window… ???? This doesn’t really change a whole lot. There’s a wood snowman that probably should be put away soon and I noticed today that there are weeds in the flower bed. How’d that happen in this cold, cold weather?

I am thankful for… lots of fun activities, opportunities, provision and a day to sleep in.

I am wearing… black corduroy pants, black cashmere sweater with black, gray and red argyle pattern

Some plans for the rest of the week… tomorrow off school and to see Dad, L’s pinewood derby and M’s basketball game.

I am hoping… to exercise Tuesday and Thursday morning.

On my mind… The Toby Mac concert Friday night. I’m not too old to enjoy his music. However, Brandon Heath was much more my style. I loved it that even though TM’s style is hip hop it was always clear that his focus is God.

Hearing…. M practicing his trumpet, dog sighing, Hubby’s keyboard clicking

I am praying for……. A friend’s upcoming surgery, another friend facing a transition

From the kitchen….. ham, stuffing, broccoli, and cantaloupe for Saturday night dinner and chicken and wild rice for our small group dinner.

Around the house…Those Christmas decos did make in to the totes thanks to Hubby! There’s countless loads of laundry in the hallway outside the laundry room and streaming into the dining room.

One of my favorite things… a wonderful weekend visit from friends and being a part of a small group at church.

From my picture journal…


To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like another great week! Your sweater sounds soft and warm :) How fun to hear your child practicing the trumpet. I am looking forward to my younger daughters learning piano in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always cherish time for sleeping in! I hope you got some much needed rest. Thanks for visiting my blog, my background came from www.scrapinblogs.blogspot.com, they have lots to choose from!
    ~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.