Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Friday, January 7, 2011

Daybook - Jan. 7

Outside my window… darkness. Weather’s getting ready to change. Do we have any hope of a snow day Monday?

I am thankful for… Dad being out of the hospital. Dinner out and conversation with Hubby.

I am wearing… jeans, black turtleneck and school tshirt (yay! for Fridays)

Some plans for the rest of the week… a small group leader meeting, 3 soccer games, a concert and a weekend visit from wonderful friends!

I am hoping… to get a little more motivated and excited about the new year.

On my mind…the past week with Dad. He ended up at a local small town hospital for an emergency blood transfusion. Some who heard he went there were concerned, but I’m thankful he went there. They actually took the time to run further tests and figure out what was wrong (he had a transfusion at the big city hospital in September). The nurse he had really cared – she asked what branch of the military Dad served in and when she figured out it was his grandsons he was asking for, she suggested I sign the “waiver” and bring the boys to see him. He’s back at the VA now. Aunt went to visit (and took the boys) tonight.

Hearing…. the dog stretching, Hubby clicking and tapping on the computer.

I am praying for…….Hubby’s safety as he continues to pursue dream of flying (working on instrument rating). Also praying that I work up the courage to fly with him (I’ve been twice and it really isn’t something I’m that crazy about).

From the kitchen….. My favorite deli tonight. Chicken and sweet potatoes tomorrow night.

Around the house…The totes are still waiting for Christmas decorations! I promise I’m going to work on it as soon as I finish this post – and now I have the motivation of company coming.

One of my favorite things… a good night’s rest, cards in the mail, playing games with my boys.

From my picture journal… One of the highlights of our Christmas trip to ABQ was getting together with old friends.

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Popping by really quick! I'm so glad that your dad is out of the hospital.

    Have a lovely weekend, Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.