Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Counting Our Blessings 1.25.11


This past week has not been an easy week. On Wednesday night we found out that my Dad has several metastasized tumors throughout his abdomen. Yesterday, we met with his doctor to discuss comfort care. I’m glad to say that it has not been difficult though to obey 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” That being said that doesn’t mean that I am not grieved…

96. I am blessed to have a God who sees and knows me.
"You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book." Psalm 56:8 The Message

97. My Dad is a Believer and unless there is a miracle he will be reunited in heaven with my Mom and most importantly see Jesus face to face.

98. I have said this often in blog posts, we are immensely blessed by the quality care my Dad has received at the Veteran’s Center. I know that isn’t always the case when loved ones are in nursing facilities.

99. Hubby has been wonderful to care for me this week.

100. Although not easy, our boys are doing great. We have purposely not shielded them from death or truth (developmentally appropriate of course) for times such as this.

101. Support from family, friends, and coworkers.

102. Getting to spend extra time with my sister.

103. During that time with Aunt (shopping) finding a dress for a formal dinner and two pairs of shoes for $35!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Annette, I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad. Thankful with you for good care, that he knows the Lord. Will be praying for your family as you go through the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annette,
    I'm so sorry about your dad. I will be praying for you and your dear family.
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((((Hugs Annette)))) I'm so sorry that your dad's health news was not promising, but I admire your beautiful spirit in knowing your dad's journey to heaven and reuniting with your mom and Jesus...precious!

    I'm sorry that I didn't visit yesterday. I'm sick with a miserable head cold and just dragging along.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.