Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Blogger in the Family

My sister started a blog for the New Year. From time to time I've written about our Dad here - she posted an excellent post about him at her new blog, Requirements. It said:

"I visited my dad at the hospital today. He was doing much better since his blood transfusion on Monday. I've been posting updates on his progress on my facebook page. Tonight, one of my cousins posted a very encouraging comment and I wanted to share part of it. She wrote "He knows you, you're part of him and the heart never forgets no matter what the brain says!" Dad has Alzheimer's. Most of the time he doesn't remember who I am or thinks I'm one of his sisters. Tonight when I asked him if he needed anything he responded, "Just you." I asked, "Who am I?" He replied, "You're you!" I said, "You're right! I always have been!" I know he's still "Dad" in his heart. I really appreciated my cousin's post. It brought to mind a verse I remember studying several years ago. It is Proverbs 4:23, from the New International Version. "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Dad is confused a lot and sometimes what he says may not make sense, but I know his wellspring is still flowing."

Often times, my sister will post about what she's reading and studying. She's a voracious reader. You can also see the NASA photo of the day on her blog. Please check it out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.