Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello Spring Break!

I started an online job this past weekend and it is keeping me on the computer more than I care too, but what should I expect from an "online" job?  Anyways, this is Spring Break and it is a nice change of pace.
When I was surfing blogs yesterday I saw a post that someone did called Hello Monday.  I think it was a regular thing and of course I can't find it now, but I liked the randomness of showing things in the day.

Hello Spring Break and learning to fix the garbage disposal.  Yeah, I'm not going into details here, but I did something stupid (and it's okay to use the "s" word here, because it applies!).  In fact, I think it was the most stupid thing I have ever done in the kitchen.  Hubby decided he was not touching the disposal so instead he graciously guided me through the process.  I am pleased to say it works now!  I'm so glad too because I was already in my mind bemoaning the fact that I was going to have to get used to making dinner and life in general without a disposal.  Now, isn't that silly!  It is after all a "convenience" and many homemakers live without far less than that!

Hello Spring Break and our new backyard swimming pool!  The rain has kept us in and relaxing instead of on the go and in a hurry to accomplish tasks.  It's also caused the need to call a roofer for a leak repair.
The puddle behind the gate is almost double in size now.  J, the dog managed to get in the picture.
Hello Asparagus!  I know that is really random, but I absolutely love asparagus.  I am always so excited for it to be fresh in the store in good quality at a decent price.  I found a simple delicious recipe:

Break off the woody ends of a pound of asparagus (right where it starts to "give" when you bend it)
Rinse off and pat dry
Place in a single layer in a glass dish sprayed with cooking spray
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (a decent amount)
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 min. (according to the tenderness you want).
Delicious and not as fattening as smothering with hollaindaise sauce!

Tomorrow I'll say Hello to some errands in the City and try to actually work on my Things to Do List.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.