Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not What I Expected

I knew we would be in the City into the late afternoon because of errands and a dr.'s appt. on Wednesday.  I didn't expect to be caught in traffic where a twenty minute drive home took an hour. ( I really didn't expect a repeat on the road the next day either!)

Sitting there on the road wasn't as bad as what I came home to.  A sick doggie. An inside sick doggie.  You get the picture.  I spent most of the evening scrubbing.  I was very unhappy with doggie and when I ran outside I angrily told her "Stay!".  Then when I glanced back to shut the door I saw her eyes.  Her eyes that aren't as clear as they used to be.  Old eyes that said she didn't mean to.  Of course I opened the door, petted her and invited her out.


I didn't expect to be eyeglass shopping for a son during Spring Break or for it to take soooo long.  I didn't expect to be in the emergency room for three hours for another son with an infection (or for him to be allergic to the antibiotics - and me out at the pharmacy late late late for a second night in a row).

I'm not saying any of this is "bad".  It's just life.  I'm glad to spend time doing the errands with the boys and thankful to have some answer's for L's eyes.  I am particularly thankful for medical care and for such easy access to it.  Wednesday night Hubby attended the mission trip testimony service at church - He reminded me that in another country a simple infection such as M's could have resulted in death.  BTW, I'd like to give a "shout out" to the pharmacist who called ME to let me know that he had talked to the ER dr. and had a different antibiotic ready for me to pick up.


Through all this I am reminded of God's sufficiency.  "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10".  I can in no way identify with Paul's hardships and persecutions, I'm just saying that EVERY day I am weak and I rely on Christ's strength.

I also didn't expect letting my baby go on a campout with BOY Scouts would be so difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.