Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Sunday, March 11, 2012

On the Home Front - March 11

A peek through my window…. Our across the street neighbor’s tree is completely white with blooms.  The ground is soggy and everything looks damp, but it isn’t raining right now.

What’s going on this week… really BIG things!  A soccer game, band concert, track meet, band contest, Arrow of Light and the start of Spring Break!

What “the boys” are doing… Right now they are upstairs playing video games.  M. reasoned that he had plenty of time tomorrow to make his pi (3.14) shirt for Wednesday. All of the “what’s going on” mentioned are theirs too.

On my mind…  how the rain makes me so sleepy (Spring Forward and losing an hour of sleep probably doesn’t help either).  I need to fold laundry, but will nap instead.  J, our dog is on my mind too.  She was sick this week, but the main thing that came from our vet trip was that she needs to lose weight – 10 pounds!  I calculated all the calories she gets in the food we give her and they were 36 less than what the vet recommended for her to lose weight!  Hmmmm….could it be “extras”?

On my bedside table… my kindle…I’m still getting free books every week, but have slowed down some in reading.  I started “The Applause of Heaven” by Lucado the other night the boys and I were reading together.

I am richly blessed… to have found a running partner!  She is right where I am with running skill and such an encourager.

I’m praying for… a church in the area had their first service in their new building today!  Am also praying for several friends at work who are facing loss and illness.

Our home… was mopped yesterday (thanks to M), but now has muddy dog prints all over it.  As soon as I make it in to the living room, we’ll have a cozy fire in the fireplace.

Menu planning… Out because of so many activities and special celebrations.  I have some chicken cooked to put in tortilla soup (from a package) and will make spaghetti the only night we’ll be home before the weekend.  I’m considering doing some “Once a Month Cooking” when I’m home for Spring Break.

A photo or two…

L Getting Ready for His Last Pack Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.