Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Daybook - March Number One


Outside my window… it’s dark now. Today was sunny with just a few clouds and a light breeze. I noticed that the tree in the front yard is fully budded! Many in the neighborhood are blooming.

I am thankful for… Spring, dinner with family, and an almost plane ride.

I am wearing… my new (smaller) jeans and my This Shirt Frees Slaves t-shirt (www.notforsalecampaign.org)

Some plans for the rest of the week… Spring Break! – haircut, cleaning out Dad’s fridge, lunch with Hubby, a day trip, shopping, and cleaning the game closet.

I am hoping … to have everything of Dad’s taken care of by mid-June.

On my mind… finishing my book review and wanting to catch up with my daily Bible.

Hearing…. Hubby and M. doing dishes.

I am praying for…….a friend whose Mom passed away and a couple of friends who are in crisis.

From the kitchen….. grilled teriyaki chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans, and salad.

Around the house…It got dusted today! Nothing like houseguests to make you get a little cleaning done.

One of my favorite things… going to the library, blogging, sitting at Chic-fil-A visiting with my sister.

From my picture journal…
Both boys got new desks. Here L. looks on. M. put a lot of his desk together by himself - Impressive!

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Your trees are budding?! I am jealous!! We still have snow here in MN. Spring will arrive soon - I am just getting anxious for it. :o) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Spring is springing in your neck of the woods! Hope the weather holds :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.