Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weight Watchers

I was so inspired by Aunt's almost 80 pounds of weight loss that I joined. The way I figure it is that if I hit the big 4-0 (in another year and a few weeks perhaps) on the low side that that would be a good thing. I've lost close to 12 pounds and am down a size (or two depending on what it is). (Now, during the snow break and dad's funeral I gained, but lost again. I'm sure it was all the no bake cookies and chex mix I ate!)

So my purpose for writing this is twofold: To say eating on Weight Watchers isn't as bad as I thought. It's done two amazing things for me - I actually like eating salads for the first time in my life and I stop eating when I'm full. Even if it's yummy steak or just vegetables, if I'm full I stop and save the rest for later. I've tried many new recipes. This one for Sausage (turkey) Broccoli Bake is one of Hubby's new favs....

Before baking - 75% reduced fat cheese

Add a salad and we're ready to eat! (Pts. per serving = 8)

Second purpose - to tell you that for me to lose more weight I'm going to have to make a jump. I will either have to stop drinking sweet tea (yep, I still have it every day, I just count the points) or actually exercise. It's not that I'm inactive. I wear a pedometer almost every day so I can see how many "points plus" I earn (it covers some of the tea you know). Some days I walk close to five miles just in the course of a regular day! I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can walk in the park --last Spring Aunt and I spent a lot of time doing that when she first joined WW. My goal is to work up to running. I'll have to let you know how that goes!

I guess my writing was threefold - this is post 99 on "Our Ordinary Life" - my blog take two. I wanted my 100th post to be Counting Our Blessings tomorrow so I had to add in something quick!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're enjoying WW! Also like it that you help hold me accountable. I'm also glad that you're trying new recipes...and you like to share. Looking forward to nicer weather and getting out to walk. I'll cheer you on as you run by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! And I knew Aunt had lost a lot, but I didn't realize it was 80 lbs! How inspiring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WW was pretty easy for me too. It's helped me learn to just stop when I am full and make better choices about snacks. I'm not doing WW plan anymore, but I have lost about 10-12 pounds. Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.