Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Daybook - March Number Two


Outside my window… it’s not as cold as it looks – the grey skies make it appear much colder than the 64degrees that it is. From my window I can see one of the “evil” trees that is responsible for my allergies.

I am thankful for… accomplishing some of the things I wanted to during break, abilities and provision, when my children are responsible and a little allergy relief.

I am wearing… jeans, Relay for Life tshirt, green sweatshirt, Smithsonian hat. I’m waiting to shower after the bike ride.

Some plans for the rest of the week… working on some of Dad’s stuff more, picking up all the cookie dough M. sold, weather unit at school, oh yeah, and a dentist appt.

I am hoping … to get to school early Mon. morning to finish some tidying up and planning, to finish the week strong w/WW instead of binging and that M. has a good campout next weekend (his first with the new troop).

On my mind… summer plans

Hearing…. the washer and J. snoring.

I am praying for…….a friend whose brother passed away suddenly.

Pondering…"Listen earnestly to anything [your children] want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff." ~Catherine M. Wallace

From the kitchen…..spaghetti, broccoli, and garlic bread Fri. night. I have plans for pork loin on Tuesday, but other than that, I really need to get busy planning!

Around the house… we still have a puzzle on the dining room table! Pink and fam had better come quickly and help finish it so we have a place to eat dinner when everyone is here!

One of my favorite things… my rocking chair-it is newly fixed. Hubby surprised me with it under the tree the Christmas before M. was born. My Dad went with him to get it.

From my picture journal…
This blanket was my Dad's. About the time he got the most ill, it had disappeared at the VA. Everyone on his unit was looking for it. Another Cowboys blanket was located and put in his room, but finally one of the aides moved it. She was adamant that it wasn't the right one and they'd keep looking. I was so disappointed because I knew how important it was to M. that he have Grandpa's blanket. I even blamed myself for not taking it sooner for safe keeping. I prayed about the situation each time I was in Dad's room and other times. After Dad passed we didn't go for his things right away because of all the snow. Finally, Hubby went and got the box. When I opened it, there was the right Cowboys blanket! Thank you God for caring about little things that mean so much to us.

To view more daybooks visit Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annette...it is always nice to read your "Daybook"...and such a blessing to find the right blanket! Happy Spring! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.