Romans 12:1-2

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2

Friday, March 11, 2011

Time

It's been three weeks now that I paused in my blog to allow more time with God and family. I don't think the time was as monumental as I expected, but I have experienced some fruit. While Hubby and M. were away for one weekend I helped (mostly did myself) L. clean out his closet and drawers. I bought a couple of packages of hangers when I was out and then had to call Aunt to bring more! We also enjoyed laying in bed reading and sometimes L. drawing.

Hubby and I are enjoying "Love Dare". It's the book that our small group chose. It's interesting...in the movie Fireproof - Love Dare is done for a marriage that is on the the brink of ending. The book is written in a way that it's applicable to only one partner completing the dare even without support of the other spouse. However, since the book is based on I Corinthians 13 it is sweetening an already good (I don't like using that word) marriage. I am also focusing more on the meaning of love (kind, patient, etc.) in all my relationships. I haven't always been perfect in practicing this though. Both boys being injured during this time has challenged me in some ways.

Even though I have had all this "time", I'm still behind in my yearly Bible reading plan. I know I have several blog friends out there who are reading it in 90 days, but I've never even done the year so I thought I'd start here. I've tried before, but always laid it down by the end of Jan. - I found what worked for me....start mid January (and catch up) and use NIV instead of the Message or a different version. Without the long drawn out (and perhaps boring) version - my one year Bible arrived in the mail on the day we learned of my Dad's cancer diagnosis and it's what I read out of to Dad while I sat with him before he passed. It's a treasure to me in many ways.

I also learned that I missed writing. Blogging is a great outlet for me. It's my family journal - I remember what's happened in activities and my thoughts by going back and rereading my blog. So now, it's Spring Break (glorious time for a teacher) and I have a whole week to write. I am so excited about doing my Daybook this weekend and Counting my Blessings on Tuesday. I've also got plans for a blurb on Weight Watchers and a book review of "Plain Wisdom" -- a book that will be released March 15! Stay tuned.

M. exceded his cookie selling goal. Hope our small group is willing to eat cookies for a while since I bought so many tubs!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Annette...welcome back! Weekend blessings to you! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for being a part of Our Ordinary Life.